Dean of Students
Director of Financial Aid
Financial Aid Officer
Financial Aid Counselor
The Financial Aid Office offers financial support through the informational and processing services it performs to help students apply for educational funding and receive dollars through a variety of sources. It is the goal of the Financial Aid Office to utilize all available resources (Federal, State, Institutional and private) to satisfy the unmet need, up to the maximum amount, for all students that demonstrate legitimate financial need and meet the academic and/or other requirements of the aid provided.
Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
Any information made available to prospective and enrolled students regarding how and where to contact individuals designated to assist enrolled or prospective students in obtaining the institutional or financial aid information can be found on the school website. The school will provide a paper copy upon request any information provided in electronic format.
College Navigator is a free consumer information tool designed to help students, parents, high school counselors, and others get information about colleges around the United States.
Financial Aid Application
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO COMPLETE ALL TASKS!
TMCC financial aid staff is available to help you.
- APPLY FOR A FSA ID (Department of Education Personal Identification Number) for yourself and your parents at the Department of Ed Pin Website . (https://fsaid.ed.gov/)
- COMPLETE THE FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at the Department of Ed FAFSA Website, and include the TMCC school code: 009450. Your application for Financial Aid will be not be complete until the FAFSA has been filed.
- BE AWARE OF DEADLINES for State and Tribal funding. Once your FAFSA is complete, TMCC can often create a budget estimate for you if requested.
- APPLY FOR OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS AND GRANTS. TMCC coordinates applications for programs such as the American Indian College Fund, but many other programs are available to assist you. Financial Aid staff can meet with you and help you find scholarships to apply for. This is very important because the Pell Grant alone is often not enough to pay for all your costs.
- APPLY AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE TO ENSURE YOU ARE CONSIDERED FOR ALL THE AVAILABLE AID. Remember that scholarships often have early deadlines.
PLEASE NOTE: Many documents are required to apply for financial aid. Please ensure that you have current contact information on file in Financial Aid so that you can be easily contacted. Also, please respond to all requests in a timely manner. If you fail to complete the FAFSA application process annually you will not be allowed to register.
Other Sources of Aid
- Tribal Scholarship Program
- Various Scholarships