Project GOAL (Gaining Opportunities thru Academic Leadership)
The Turtle Mountain Community College Project GOAL (Gaining Opportunities through Academic Leadership) is designed to generate participation of students identified as at risk. The goal of the program is to increase student academic achievement by offering a variety of learning programs or strategies to aid in preparation for post-secondary education.
“Get Out And Lead”
Weekend Academy & Summer Session
- Turtle Mountain Community High School, Belcourt
- Dunseith Public High School, Dunseith
- St. John Public High School, St. John
- Supplemental Academic instruction in math, reading, writing and science
- Tutorial Services for academic and summer program.
- Monthly weekend academies: Focusing on college/career awareness, student academic success, and health & nutrition.
- Five-week summer session.
- Leadership and community service opportunities offered throughout the academic year and during summer session.
- Member or descendant of Federally recognized Tribe.
- Students interested in improving academic achievement
- Students interested in attending college.
- Students interested in developing academic and career-long plans.
- Attendance requirement for participating students.
This program is funded by the Department of Education.