EMPLOYMENT AT TMCC
Position Title: Project GOAL Director
Department: Project GOAL
Accountable To: Dean of Academics
Opening Date: 12/29/17
Closing Date: Open Until filled
Salary: $39,530 – $42,919
SUMMARY OF WORK:
This position will provide administrative direction and leadership for the Project including but not limited to: federal policy compliance, budget management, supervision, recruitment, data collection, internal and external reporting, partnership development, marketing/outreach, curriculum development and instruction. Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
Nature of Work:
This position requires a high level of competency in communication, both oral and written; an excellent track record of team work; organizational skills, ability to write thorough reports; budget experience.
This position will require regular contact with students, faculty, supervisor and co-workers.
This position will be supervised by the Dean of Academics. There will also be regular communication between this position and the Program Officer located in Washington, D.C.
Position requires ability to communicate effectively, have supervisory skills, and provide leadership. Must have experience with budget management.
- Provides administrative direction and leadership for the project including supervision of staff and maintenance of recording keeping systems.
- Plan, organize and coordinate project services for students.
- Encourage team relationships between students/parents, project staff, schools and the community.
- Serve as liaison with TMCC Teacher Ed program.
- Provide direct instruction to participants.
- Provide training to tutors and monitor their activities.
- Ensures that culture is interwoven into the curriculum provided to students.
- Establish and maintain relationships with school staff.
- Regularly visit schools to verify grades.
- Lead the development of strategies to enhance the educational development of students.
- Facilitates a curriculum design and development process that is readily understood by the various constituents.
- Prepares reports that align activities with ND State Standards.
- Coordinate meetings with appropriate faculty as needed.
- Oversee weekly assessment, assess student progress with staff and coordinate modification as needed.
- Review materials developed for summer programs and weekend academies.
- Work cooperatively with the Business Office to ensure fiscal integrity.
- Prepare reports as required for the college and funding agency.
- Participate in community events and workshops.
- Establish and monitor record keeping systems necessary to document the activities of the project and staff while maintaining confidentiality.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Establish and maintain a recruitment program.
- Coordinate delivery of services with the college and target schools.
- Review and approve all fiscal disbursement requests.
- Complete evaluations on staff.
- Supervision of regularly scheduled staff plus staff hired on short term contracts.
- Prepare budget, manage and expend money appropriately, following grant guidelines.
- Analyze data gathered for reporting.
- Write and implement policies.
- Maintain student and parent contact to ensure program success.
- May be required to travel in and out of the area.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a local school background check.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires knowledge of database management, and the ability to interpret data.
Past supervisory skills helpful. Time management and effective communication skills are necessary. Strong collaboration and teamwork skills useful.
Ability to work with all ages. Must be highly organized. Must be able to lift and move up to 30 lbs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field required, Masters preferred. Three years’ experience in education required. Budget management skills and grant project oversight are beneficial.
How to Apply
Application Packet / Submission: To be considered for open positions at TMCC, prospective applicants must submit an Application for Employment, cover letter, curriculum vitae and/or resume, college transcripts, three current (within 1 year) letters of reference, and, if applicable, enrollment documentation from a federally recognized tribe and/or veterans preference. Full time regular employees who apply for a position within the college will receive 5 in-house preference points. Required licensure/certification as specified in the position vacancy announcement is also required.
The packet will be determined to be incomplete if any required documents are missing; thus the application will not be considered.
All completed applications must be submitted to the Human Resource Manager who will determine which applicants meet qualification requirements per vacancy announcement.
Employment Application (1.41 MB PDF)
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
For more information on any of these positions please contact:
Holly Cahill, Human Resources Manager
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Policy
The Turtle Mountain Community College is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, or handicap. In adhering to this policy the college abides by the requirements with the Title IX, Education amendments of 1972; with Title VI and VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act; by section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975. Questions or comments may be referred to Holly Cahill, Human Resources Manager, Turtle Mountain Community College PO BOX 340, Belcourt, ND 58316 (701)477-7809, or the Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 10220 North Executive Hills Blvd., 8th Floor, Kansas City, MO 64153-1367.