EMPLOYMENT AT TMCC
Curriculum Specialist / Instructor
Position: Curriculum Specialist / Instructor
Department: Project GOAL
Accountable To: Project GOAL Director
Opening Date: 5/16/18
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary: $32,596 – $35,390
SUMMARY OF WORK:
The Curriculum Specialist/Instructor is responsible for developing and aligning the curriculum of Project GOAL with curriculum of the target schools. Successful candidate should be able to integrate the Turtle Mountain culture into subject material.
Nature of Work: This position requires a high level of competency in communication, both oral and written; an excellent track record of team work; organizational skills, ability to write thorough reports; familiarity with computer applications related to curriculum development and expertise in aligning curriculum by demonstrating connections between high school curriculum and state standards in order to prepare students for college readiness.
This position requires regular contact with school officials, students and co-workers. The Curriculum Specialist / Instructor will provide guidance and coordination to interns and tutors. The Curriculum Specialist/Instructor supervises other Project GOAL employees in the absence of the project Director.
The employee reports to the Project Director of Project GOAL on all matters pertaining to this position.
Position requires ability to communicate effectively. Must have knowledge of curriculum development.
AREAS OF JOB ACCONTABILITY AND PERFORMANCE:
- Provides the lead in identifying and implementation of curriculum models.
- Identifies new strategies to overcome lack of progress and ensures curriculum is being implemented consistently.
- Responsible for interweaving culture into the curriculum provided to students.
- Participates in assessment of learning and works on developing effective strategies.
- Works as an instructor and maintains participant level of effort records.
- Provides direction to other program staff regarding curriculum.
- Recruitment for the program.
- Prepares accurate and timely reports as needed.
- Accurately collects and prepares statistical data.
- Incorporates culture into curriculum design.
- Creates and maintains files on each student in the program.
- Reviews tests, compiles results and creates profile for each student based on results.
- Meets regularly with area school officials to monitor progress of students enrolled in program and develop and align curriculum with state standards in order to prepare curriculum for monthly academies and summer sessions.
- Creates surveys which are used to base decisions on the best way to provide curriculum.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Provides input on hiring of instructors for summer and academies.
- Deals tactfully and courteously with the public.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with fellow employees, supervisors and the public.
- Works well in a team format with collaborative decision-making.
- Responsibility for safety of others during or on program field trips, academies, and throughout the duration of the summer session.
- Assists the Project Director with reports and other appropriate communication items.
- Other duties as assigned relating to current position.
- Position will require some weekend and after business hours work with flexibility.
- May be required to travel in and out of the area.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a local school background check.
- Knowledge of curriculum development and models.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Excellent writing, spelling and grammar.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Experience and expertise in curriculum design.
- Computer skills in using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work with young adults.
- Ability to write thorough reports.
- Familiarity with computer applications related to curriculum development.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum degree required is a Bachelor’s Degree in education or related field with one year experience in teaching or curriculum required; five years preferred.
How to Apply
Application Packet / Submission: To be considered for open positions at TMCC, prospective applicants must submit an Application for Employment, cover letter, curriculum vitae and/or resume, college transcripts, three current (within 1 year) letters of reference, and, if applicable, enrollment documentation from a federally recognized tribe and/or veterans preference. Full time regular employees who apply for a position within the college will receive 5 in-house preference points. Required licensure/certification as specified in the position vacancy announcement is also required.
The packet will be determined to be incomplete if any required documents are missing; thus the application will not be considered.
All completed applications must be submitted to the Human Resource Manager who will determine which applicants meet qualification requirements per vacancy announcement.
Faculty Openings – If applying for a Faculty position, you must also complete the Faculty Credentialing Form and provide required documentation.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
For more information on any of these positions please contact:
Holly Cahill, Human Resources Manager
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Policy
The Turtle Mountain Community College is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, or handicap. In adhering to this policy the college abides by the requirements with the Title IX, Education amendments of 1972; with Title VI and VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act; by section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975. Questions or comments may be referred to Holly Cahill, Human Resources Manager, Turtle Mountain Community College PO BOX 340, Belcourt, ND 58316 (701)477-7809, or the Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 10220 North Executive Hills Blvd., 8th Floor, Kansas City, MO 64153-1367.