Federal College Work Study

Federal College Work Study (FCWS)

The Federal College Work Study (FCWS) program provides funding for undergraduate students who need financial assistance. The FCWS program provides students an opportunity to earn money to help pay their educational expenses. The student must complete the FAFSA to be considered for this program. The FCWS program is a campus-based program that is administered through the Director of Financial Aid.

Any student who desires employment is potentially eligible for the college work study program. In order to qualify, a student must be enrolled, have an unmet financial need, and meet the satisfactory academic progress requirements. To apply, students should contact the Financial Aid Office immediately. They also need to indicate that they are interested in student employment when they complete the FAFSA. When a student enters a work-study position, a job description and terms-of-employment handbook must be read by both the supervisor and employee. The handbook must be signed and dated by both the student and the supervisor and returned to the Director of Financial Aid. The student must also present two forms of identification to the Business Office, along with a W-4. The Director of Financial Aid will provide an orientation for those students that are selected to participate in the Federal College Work Study Program.

For more information please contact:

Wanda Laducer
Director, Financial Aid Office
Phone: 701.477.7875
Email: wladucer@tm.edu
Office: Room 124
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday

*Turtle Mountain Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. It is the general policy of the college to give preference to qualified American Indian applicants as allowed by the Indian preference provisions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.
Persons who are at least ¼ degree and wish to claim Indian preference must submit a copy of their tribal Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) and Agency enrolled.