For more information on Gainful Employment please click the logo below:
9 Month Certificate
- Demonstrate knowledge of artistic and design components that are used in the creation of a web site.
- Utilize and apply the technical, ethical and interpersonal skills needed to function in a cooperative environment.
Skills and Knowledge
- Meet with clients or management to discuss the needs and design of a website
- Create and test applications for a website
- Write code for the website, using programming languages such as HTML or XML
- Work with other team members to determine what information the site will contain
- Work with graphics and other designers to determine the website’s layout
- Integrate graphics, audio, and video into the website
- Monitor website traffic
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for web developers was $67,990 in May 2017. The median wage is the
wage at which half the workers in an occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $36,830, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $122,320.
There are no special requirements for admission into these programs. Please refer to the TMCC Admission section for future students.
Suggested Sequence of Courses – 9 month Certificate
- CIS 128 Microcomputer Hardware I 3
- CIS 129 Microcomputer Hardware II 3
- CIS 147 Principles of Security 3
- CIS 177 Job Readiness 1
- CIS 180 Creating Web Pages I 3
- CIS 181 Creating Web Pages II 3
- CIS 211 Web Plan & Design 3
- CIS 232 Graphics Design 3
- CIS 233 Vector Graphics & Web Animations 3
- CSCI 101 Introduction to Computers 3
Total Required Credits: 31