The Process Plant Technology Applied Science program is offered through a collaborative agreement with Bismarck State College Energy Technology Department and Turtle Mountain Community College. The program prepares students for all aspects of operating refineries, ethanol plants, process plants and related industrial facilities. Students gain the skills and technical background needed for entry-level employment as process operators. Students lean the technical and safety aspect of plant operations, the responsibilities of plant operators, and the mechanical and chemical technology needed for working in related industrial operations.
There are no special requirements for admission into these programs. Please refer to the TMCC Admission section for future students.
[TMCC Admission Information]
Areas of Study
Process Power Plant Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S)
The Process Plant Technology program may be completed in four semesters. Students have the option of earning a certificate, or an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree depending upon the number of general education courses taken.
Online students are required to complete hands-on training at a Process facility or at the TMCC lab while completing the ENTR 220 Practical Applications course. TMCC will assist the students with setting up this portion of the program.
Course Descriptions (155 KB PDF)
- ENRT 101 Introduction to Energy Technology (4)
- ENRT 104 Electrical Fundamentals (3)
- ENRT 105 Safety, Health, & Environmental (3)
- ENRT 107 Mechanical Fundamentals (2)
- ENRT 110 Plant Equipment & Systems (4)
- ENRT 112 Basic Print Reading (3)
- ENRT 116 Instrumentation & Control (4)
- ENRT 118 Heat Transfer, Fluid Flow, & Thermodynamics (3)
- ENRT 120 Water Purification & Treatment (3)
- ENRT 205 Steam Generation (3)
- ENRT 215 Operations, Troubleshooting, & Communications (3)
- BOTE 176 Practical Applications (2)
- PROP 176 Job Readiness (1)
- PROP 235 Hydrocarbon Chemistry (3)
- PROP 237 Distillation & Refinery Operations (4)
- PROP 239 Gas Processing & Gasification (3)
- PROP 244 Ethanol and Bio-fuels Production (3)
Related General Education Courses
- CIS 101 Computer Literacy or CSCI 101 Intro to Computers (3)
- ENGL 105 Technical Communications (3)
- ENRT 103 Applied Math (3)
- PSYC 100 Human Relations in Organizations or PSYC 111 Intro to Psychology (2)
- COMM Communications Elective (3)
- PSYCH/SOC/HIST Elective (3)
Total Required Credits 68