Project GOAL (Gaining Opportunities through Academic Leadership)
Project GOAL Curriculum Specialist/Instructor
The Turtle Mountain Community College Project GOAL (Gaining Opportunities through Academic Leadership) is designed to generate participation of students identified as at risk. The goal of the program is to increase student academic achievement by offering a variety of learning programs or strategies to aid in preparation for post-secondary education.
“Get Out And Lead”
- Turtle Mountain Community High School, Belcourt
- Dunseith Public High School, Dunseith
- St. John Public High School, St. John
- Supplemental Academic Instruction in Math, Reading, Writing and Science
- Tutorial Services for Academic Year and Summer Program.
- Monthly Weekend Academies: These academies will focus on math, language arts, science, culture, health and fitness.
- Five Week Summer Session
- Leadership and community service opportunities offered throughout the academic year and also during summer session.
- Member or descendant of Federally recognized Tribe.
- Students interested in improving academic achievement
- Students in grades 9-10
- Students interested in attending college.
This program is funded by the Department of Education.