EMPLOYMENT AT TMCC
Web Developer / Graphic Designer
Position Title: Web Developer / Graphic Designer
Open Date: September 9, 2017
Close Date: September 21, 2017
Salary: $36,655 – $39,797
SUMMARY OF WORK:
The Web Developer/Graphic Designer is responsible for updating and maintaining the TMCC website, along with providing technical support to students, faculty and staff on a daily basis. They must believe in the institutional mission of the Turtle Mountain Community College.
Nature of work: The majority of work for this position will be performed inside the college premises with occasional outside work required. Some travel may be required when working at other campuses or attending training or conferences. Some evening and/or weekend hours may be required.
Personal Contacts: Frequent regular contact with College officials, faculty, students, and outside entities such as consultants.
Supervision Received: Supervised by IT Director.
Essential Functions: Position requires ability to: communicate orally and in writing; operate a computer and related equipment; learn network operations; and lift & move as much as 50 pounds.
- Oversees all technical aspects of the organization’s website, including input on changes, updates and improvements.
- Upgrades and maintains TMCC’s internal and external web pages and applications.
- Code and implement WordPress sites from Photoshop layout through HTML/CSS to a custom theme, functions, and plugins.
- Converts all documents into HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) or other web compatible format.
- Upgrades and maintains PC hardware, software, email accounts, digital/video equipment, sound/lighting system in auditorium as requested/needed.
- Leads in the analysis of organizational needs and goals and the design and implementation of internal and external web pages and applications.
- Consults with users and project teams to determine the requirements for web pages and related applications.
- Provides technical support to resolve PC hardware and software related issues upon request or as needed.
- Prepare users guide for TMCC user and email accounts.
- Creates log-ins and email addresses for new students and staff.
- Adds new staff, faculty and students to the ALERT NOW system.
- Assists in maintaining servers on all campuses.
- To create and/or maintain any social media outlets that help promote our institution.
- Maintains and troubleshoots college computer systems, software and applications in timely manner.
- Provides high quality support for college employees and students when requested and does so in a timely fashion.
- Ability to perform duties using remote access.
- Ensure sensitive and/or classified institutional information is not inadvertently posted to the Web site and is kept secure.
- Consults with departments to clarify and assess their web site development needs and goals.
- Create printed marketing and branding material such as: one-pagers, posters, cards, business cards, T-shirts, etc.
- Development and integration of graphical and multimedia components into the Web site, including audio and video.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; and performing preventive maintenance.
- Graphic design experience using tools such as InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge: This position requires knowledge of computer hardware and peripheral operations. Knowledge of a wide array of software applications is required. Knowledge of hand tools and precision tools. Knowledge of technical expertise on all equipment.
Skills: This position requires an understanding of troubleshooting techniques used in the computer field. This position will assist in the continuous recruitment and retention of TMCC students. This position will use a positive attitude to effectively communicate with the public and his/her co-workers.
Abilities: This position requires the ability to learn computer hardware and software and the ability to view problems and resolve them in a rational manner with corrective actions. The job requires the following physical demands: sitting for an extended amount of time, ability to lift 50+ pounds, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; and some climbing. Must be able to work to tight deadlines, be thorough and precise in their work and be able to multi-task.
Education and Experience:
Associate degree in IT related field with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in web design, graphic arts, or related field is required.
How to apply:
Submit a letter of application, resume AND online application (available below); copy of college transcripts (must indicate highest degree earned); and three (3) current letters of reference. Work experience must be reasonably documented. Applicants claiming Indian Preference (CDIB) and/or Veterans Preference (DD214) must provide documentation.
Employment Application (1.41 MB PDF)
PLEASE NOTE: INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Holly Cahill, Human Resource Director
*Turtle Mountain Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. It is the general policy of the college to give preference to qualified American Indian applicants as allowed by the Indian preference provisions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.
Persons who are at least ¼ degree and wish to claim Indian preference must submit a copy of their tribal Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) and Agency enrolled.