Voc Rehab Outreach/Transition Counselor


Vocational Rehabilitation Outreach/Transition Counselor

Position Title: Vocational Rehabilitation Outreach/Transition Counselor
Open Date: August 31, 2017
Close Date:  Open until filled
Wage:  $20/hour
(Part-Time/10 hrs per week)

QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: Social Work, Psychology, Rehabilitation, Addiction Counseling, Social Science or Education.


  1. Working knowledge of: industrial, commercial, and professional occupations; common physical, mental, learning and chemical disabilities and their social implications.
  2. Ability to evaluate aptitudes, skills, interests and educational backgrounds of clients to determine rehabilitative and employment possibilities.


  • Assists eligible high school persons (in all four component areas of disability) who qualify under federal/state laws and regulations to become vocationally competent by coordinating their total rehabilitation by transitioning into the 121 project.
  • Develops and manages an active caseload program of the tribal members through contacts with local schools in Rolette County. These applicants may have referrals from physicians (including psychiatrists), licensed addiction counselors, psychologists, rehabilitation centers, hospitals, high school guidance and Special Education staff, helping agencies, and other professional experts.
  • Responsible for arranging and interpreting assessments of function and diagnostics for applicants in the four component areas: physical disability, chemical addiction, mental disorders, and learning disability. This position may also provide vocational rehabilitation guidance to experts or a treatment team and consults on all eligible student IEP/504 meetings.
  • Interviews applicants and/or parents/guardians in determining: the extent and nature of the disability, their
    eligibility, the development of an Individual Plan of Employment (IPE), and their need for vocational rehabilitation services.
  • Performs other related duties as required or assigned in relation to transition of clients.

How to apply:

Submit a letter of application, resume AND online application (available below); copy of college transcripts (must indicate highest degree earned); and three (3) current letters of reference. Work experience must be reasonably documented. Applicants claiming Indian Preference (CDIB) and/or Veterans Preference (DD214) must provide documentation.

Employment Application (1.41 MB PDF)


Holly Cahill, Human Resource Director

Telephone: (701)477.7938

Email: hcahill@tm.edu

*Turtle Mountain Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. It is the general policy of the college to give preference to qualified American Indian applicants as allowed by the Indian preference provisions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.

Persons who are at least ¼ degree and wish to claim Indian preference must submit a copy of their tribal Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) and Agency enrolled.