EMPLOYMENT AT TMCC
Position Title: Custodian
Accoutable to: Facilities Manager
Opening Date: 1/24/18
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary: $11.54 – $12.44/hour
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Does cleaning and minor preventive maintenance of building to provide a safe and clean environment.
Nature of Work:
Performs duties in cleaning of the campus buildings and grounds. Work performed indoors year around and occasionally outdoors during summer months. May require work beyond normal day to complete projects or for emergencies. Position is exposed to chemicals, light lifting, and working with moving parts of equipment requiring adherence to safety procedures. Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
Frequent contact with students, staff and the public.
The Custodian will be supervised by the Facilities Manager.
- Provides for the general comfort of environment and cleanliness of the main campus, CTE and Allied Health buildings and ensures college has a good overall appearance and is safe and sanitary.
- Basic janitorial duties including cleaning activities such as restrooms, all office locations, hallways, and emptying of trash for all campus facilities.
- Regular non-routine cleaning functions such as window washing.
- Regularly inspects buildings and grounds for non-routine cleaning.
- Handles all work requests in a timely manner.
- Assists with basic preventative maintenance of buildings and grounds
- Equipment used will include vacuum cleaners, carpet cleaners and ATV’s to travel to locations off campus to clean.
- Cleaning, sweeping, mopping, and shampooing of different types of floors.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs., crawl in confined spaces, lift and move light objects.
- Mixes and uses chemicals on a regular basis.
- Sorts and distributes mail in TMCC mailboxes.
Knowledge: This position requires a basic knowledge of building and floor cleaning. Knowledge of safety procedures in dealing with chemicals and equipment.
Skills: This position requires skills in use of small hand tools; battery operated cleaning equipment, and doing light preventative maintenance of buildings.
Abilities: Requires the ability to be aware of safety and sanitary conditions, work nights and weekends when necessary, and follow safety procedures in dealing with chemicals and equipment.
- A High School diploma or G.E.D.
- 3 years custodial/cleaning experience
Experience working in Native American Community
How to apply:
Submit a letter of application, resume AND online application (available below); copy of college transcripts (must indicate highest degree earned); and three (3) current letters of reference. Work experience must be reasonably documented. Applicants claiming Indian Preference (CDIB) and/or Veterans Preference (DD214) must provide documentation.
Employment Application (1.41 MB PDF)
PLEASE NOTE: INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Holly Cahill, Human Resource Director
*Turtle Mountain Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. It is the general policy of the college to give preference to qualified American Indian applicants as allowed by the Indian preference provisions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.
Persons who are at least ¼ degree and wish to claim Indian preference must submit a copy of their tribal Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) and Agency enrolled.