EMPLOYMENT AT TMCC
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education/Coaching, Education or Administration required. Master’s degree preferred. Good oral and written communication skills. Proven positive attitude towards work and people.
The Athletic Director plans, implements, and directs the athletic programs in compliance with the rules and regulations of the athletic governing body for Turtle Mountain Community College.
- Ability to objectively evaluate physical performance and mental capabilities related to the intercollegiate athletic program.
- Knowledge of intercollegiate athletics, rules and regulations of athletic associations.
- Effective planning and organizational skills,
- Ability to think “out of the box” and to lead and manage change in a positive and inclusive manner
- Ability to effectively use appropriate technology and equipment.
- Ability to work collegially with all individuals in the tribal college setting.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development.
- Applicant must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
- Valid Driver’s License
- CPR/First Aid Certificate
- Successful teaching experience in community college setting with a culturally and academically diverse student population and knowledge of the college’s role in higher education is helpful.
- Responsible for team management duties including recruitment, advertising, training, teaching and any support activities that are necessary for student athletes to enjoy successful careers while attending Turtle Mountain Community College.
- Develops, in cooperation with athletic staff, games, schedules, and certified base of game officials.
- Directs preparation and dissemination of publicity to promote athletic events.
- Ensures that all events held in conjunction with the Athletic Department are in compliance with NJCAA.
- Attends rules and coaching clinics as required.
- Prepares and administers intercollegiate budget and provides fiscal overview for the athletic program.
- Submits written proposals, including expected income and expenses, for camps or other athletic activities.
- Maintain an inventory record of all athletic equipment.
- Conducts evaluations of performance for coaching staff.
- Ensures ongoing eligibility of athletes; follows and enforces student policies currently in place relevant to athletic participation.
- Coordinates all team travel adhering to prudent budgetary practices.
- Coordinates concessions and other sales at home matches.
- Conducts fund raising events that assist with budgetary needs of the athletic programs.
- Engages student athletes in fundraising activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reports to the President.
- Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with all coaches and game officials TMCC is associated with.
- Develops and maintains a strong and positive working relationship with all student athletes.
- Develops and maintains a strong and positive working relationship with TMCC employees.
Term of Employment:
- This position is seasonal and typically runs from September through April.
- This position is not full time and is not eligible for benefits.
- Must be able to work long hours.
- Position may be stressful at time.
- Requires travel.
How to Apply
Application Packet / Submission: To be considered for open positions at TMCC, prospective applicants must submit an Application for Employment, cover letter, curriculum vitae and/or resume, college transcripts, three current (within 1 year) letters of reference, and, if applicable, enrollment documentation from a federally recognized tribe and/or veterans preference. Full time regular employees who apply for a position within the college will receive 5 in-house preference points. Required licensure/certification as specified in the position vacancy announcement is also required.
The packet will be determined to be incomplete if any required documents are missing; thus the application will not be considered.
All completed applications must be submitted to the Human Resource Manager who will determine which applicants meet qualification requirements per vacancy announcement.
Employment Application (1.41 MB PDF)
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
For more information on any of these positions please contact:
Holly Cahill, Human Resources Manager
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Policy
The Turtle Mountain Community College is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, or handicap. In adhering to this policy the college abides by the requirements with the Title IX, Education amendments of 1972; with Title VI and VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act; by section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975. Questions or comments may be referred to Holly Cahill, Human Resources Manager, Turtle Mountain Community College PO BOX 340, Belcourt, ND 58316 (701)477-7809, or the Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 10220 North Executive Hills Blvd., 8th Floor, Kansas City, MO 64153-1367.