EMPLOYMENT AT TMCC
POSITION: Administrative Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Vocational Rehabilitation
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Vocational Rehabilitaion Director
OPENING DATE: 1/17/18
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
SALARY: $28,920 – $31,399
SUMMARY OF WORK:
The Administrative Assistant provides assistance to the Voc Rehab clients and staff. Requires strict confidentiality in all correspondence, record keeping, reports, requisitions, names and discussions regarding clients. Office duties include coordinating and collaborating with the Project Director and Counselors to complete case files.
Nature of Work:
Office setting for most duties. Greets clients to determine disability for referral purposes. Tact is required as well as confidentiality.
Interaction with clients and Voc Rehab staff on a daily basis.
Project Director provides supervision as needed.
- Assists in writing and typing a variety of material including forms, correspondence, records, reports, client folds and eligibility documents.
- Processing PR’s for clients and staff.
- Make travel arrangements for staff.
- Assist in creating and ordering project forms.
- Ordering supplies.
- Arrange client diagnostics and services.
- Answer phone and convey messages.
- Pick up and deliver mail.
- Maintenance of the Voc Rehab client database, which includes entering files, collecting data and compiling reports for federal reporting.
- Assists program participants in filling out application forms, release of information, etc.
- Distributes Voc Rehab recruitment material.
- Assists the Director with typing reports, grant reviews and program objectives.
- Entry and update of client files into database required for federal reporting.
- Operates office equipment.
- Types time sheets and correspondence for clients for on the job training.
- Purge files for unnecessary information.
- Must maintain client confidentiality.
- Attend all scheduled college functions and meetings as required.
- Serve on college committees as appointed.
- Other assigned duties.
Knowledge of operations of an efficient office management system. Knowledge of filing systems and basic office operations, including internet, email, word processing programs is also required.
Experience in database input and retrieval. Knowledge of medical terminology helpful.
Must possess good customer service skills, be able to listen without being judgmental, perform multiple tasks, and operate all types of technology. Ability to operate computer applications. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Position will occasionally require long periods of sitting and working on the computer and other office paperwork. Infrequently lifting and carrying up to 20lbs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Two-year Administrative Assistant degree with one-year office experience OR equivalent office work experience is required.
How to apply:
Submit a letter of application, resume AND online application (available below); copy of college transcripts (must indicate highest degree earned); and three (3) current letters of reference. Work experience must be reasonably documented. Applicants claiming Indian Preference (CDIB) and/or Veterans Preference (DD214) must provide documentation.
Employment Application (1.41 MB PDF)
PLEASE NOTE: INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Holly Cahill, Human Resource Director
*Turtle Mountain Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. It is the general policy of the college to give preference to qualified American Indian applicants as allowed by the Indian preference provisions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.
Persons who are at least ¼ degree and wish to claim Indian preference must submit a copy of their tribal Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) and Agency enrolled.