Associate of Arts: History
The A.A. degree is not meant to be a terminal degree, and the career needs of most students will lead them to seek at least a four-year degree after obtaining our A.A. degree. The curriculum areas are suggested as aids in program planning and may be modified by the student in order to meet specific requirements of the intended four-year program at a university.
There are no special requirements for admission into this program. Please refer to the TMCC Admission section for future students.
[TMCC Admission Information]
The following curriculum is suggested as an aid in program planning and may be modified by the student in order to meet specific requirements of the intended four-year program at a university. Each student is urged to consult with an academic advisor early in his/her freshman year to plan an entire TMCC program with reference to a specific four-year program at a university. An Associate of Arts Degree is awarded upon the completion of the basic curriculum leading to an Associate of Arts degree.
General Education (36 credits)
Additional concentration credits suggested are listed below:
Course Descriptions (63 KB PDF)
- HIST 101 Western Civilization I (3)
- HIST 103 United States History to 1877 (3)
- HIST 104 United States History since 1877 (3)
- HIST 118 Metis History (3)
- HIST 220 North Dakota History (3)
- HIST 251 Chippewa History I (3)
- HIST 252 Chippewa History II (3)
- HIST 261 Indian History I to 1850 (3)
- HIST 262 Indian History II To Present (3)
For more information, please refer to the TMCC catalog, or visit the Student Services office.